Connect community. Build your network.
Help residents thrive.
Professional Development & Community Connection
- Dale Carnegie & Associates Training and Certification - Hone the power of persuasion by learning about effective communication and how incorporating evidence convinces listeners to act.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator testing with Purdue Extension Porter County - This introspective self-report questionnaire will help you understand how you and others perceive situations and make decisions.
- Countless networking opportunities - Engage with donors, community leaders and partners, including the United Way of Porter County Board.
- On-the-job learning and skills development:
- Communication and presentation skills
- Project and time management skills
- Leadership development competencies
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to dedicate 5 to 6 hours a week for several months in the fall
- Must be able to attend monthly meetings
- Must be able to work independently and complete assigned tasks
- Must have a reliable vehicle and willingness to drive to Porter County businesses.